31 Days - Day 7

When I first thought about taking part in this 31 Days challenge I thought I would be organized and have a list of things that I wanted to be sure to include in this list. Well... that never happened... things got busy and life went on. The list never got made and even the lists that I did make for things to make sure I get done during the week didn't get done.
Ever have one of 'those' days or weeks? Yes. Oh good.
I have a list sitting on my desk of what I need to get done this week and next week's list is in the works. With the work dinners coming up there is a lot of planning and details that need to be worked out the week of and so that nothing gets forgotten I have lists. I have a list that I use from year to year (like calling to order table cloths & booking the venues and the caterers) and then the weekly & daily lists (do the mail, get the tables organized, send out bulletin announcements, do the banking).
There is also a list in my purse of things to remember (send out that bill, make that payment, buy milk & bread). I feel like my life is a series of lists that sometimes get marked off and more often than not get moved on to the next day or week to finish.
So what does this have to do with being thankful?
It makes me thankful for memories. Is that far fetched? I can't always remember what I need to do or what I walked in to a room to get, but I can remember all sorts of other things.
I can remember camping as kids at Port Burwell. I remember when my sisters were born (well... all be Kimberly... I don't remember her being born) and how things changed in the family. I remember songs I learned in catechism classes (I don't necessarily remember the catechism questions). I remember going to young people's and the trouble that Cher would get me into (yes... the play instead of a lesson...) or the laughter, playing capture the flag at Vroom's pond, singing in the nursing home, walks at Rattle Snake point and other places on the Bruce trails.
There are lots of memories and I am so thankful that I am able to remember them. I might have to write things down a bit more but I am thankful that I can still look back and have great memories.
Comments