31 Days - Day 15

Today I am very thankful the folks at church - our family - and not just from Riverside but the area churches. 

Because of where I work I have a rarer opportunity to see folks from the different reformed churches in this area (URC, OPC, ARP, FRC, RP & CRC).  I work with these folks every day and have made some very dear friends.

Over the last few weeks, I've come to appreciate our church family even more.  We've had meals brought to our home for a week before Rachel's surgery (while we were waiting for dates and unsure of what was going to happen) because those dear folks didn't know what else to do to help and wanted to do something to give Rachel a bit of a break.  We've had meals brought almost every day for the last 2 weeks and they continue this week - so that Rachel (and quite frankly I) don't have to think about making meals while Rachel is recovering from her surgery.

Baking has also come in abundance - muffins, cookies & bars for the kids & Ryan to have in their work and school lunches.  Delectable desserts (for which Ryan is most thankful - we didn't grow up having dessert but he did - with every meal!!!) and 1 aunt even made lunches for the kids and Ryan with a special note from their family.

It may seem like a little thing, but it has been so helpful to not have to think about making a meal (or many meals).

But it is more than that.  Knowing that people have been praying for not only Rachel and the baby growing within her, but the whole family - and people who have never met them but are brothers and sisters in Christ.  This has been such a blessing.

I was thinking also of other little things that my church family does.  I have a busy (that is an understatement) week this week with not 1 but 2 fundraising dinners.  I have hardly enough energy to do my regular work let alone set up 2 dinners and put on the 'I'm ok' face for 2 whole evenings. It is a hard week for me to go through - all the planning and executing but I know that people are praying for me this week too.  I know because I've gotten emails and cards from different folks saying as much.  I know that I can't do anything in my own strength - especially this week.

I am so thankful for the folks that God has put in the churches here - those he has called to be his people - who love and help to take of us and most of all pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog