31 Days - Day 24
Today I am thankful for friendships. They come in many different forms:
Old friends who knew you 'back when'
Close by friends that we can stop in and visit
New friends - who didn't know us 'back when' and maybe think we're more 'mature' than we really are.
Dear friends - who we share our hearts, joys and burdens with
As I was helping Amanda with her devotional for tonight I was thinking of the verse that she is using from 1 Thess - to encourage one another and build each other up - as you are already doing. That's what friendships do. They sharpen us as iron sharpens iron. They build us up in our faith. They encourage us to fight the good fight.
We were not created to be solitary creatures. I am very thankful for the friendships that God has blessed me with.
Old friends who knew you 'back when'
back when you all had fuzzy hair, big glasses and were a bit crazier
Friends that are there to give hugs (Oosterhof hugs are the best!!!)
Far away friends that we keep contact with through facebook or email
New friends - who didn't know us 'back when' and maybe think we're more 'mature' than we really are.
Dear friends - who we share our hearts, joys and burdens with
As I was helping Amanda with her devotional for tonight I was thinking of the verse that she is using from 1 Thess - to encourage one another and build each other up - as you are already doing. That's what friendships do. They sharpen us as iron sharpens iron. They build us up in our faith. They encourage us to fight the good fight.
We were not created to be solitary creatures. I am very thankful for the friendships that God has blessed me with.





Comments