31 Days - Day 29

I am thankful today for clothing.  Does that sound weird?  I see lots and lots of clothing come in through the thrift store and while sometimes it makes me feel a bit crazy, I am thankful that we have options.  Sweaters for when it is cold - good snuggling ones and nicer lighter ones for in the office. 

When I read back of days gone by and they had 1 good dress and 1 every day dress with aprons to wear over top, I am thankful that we have options. 

I do try to go through my closet every season and if I didn't wear it, it gets passed on to someone else who could maybe use it.  My closet is not full to overflowing - by any means.  Quite frankly, I don't have room for a lot of clothing in my storage space so if it doesn't fit then something has to go. (quite handy really). In fact, I think that I have more quilting material than I do clothing... maybe I need to be working on making that pile smaller too...

Yesterday was a beautiful warm day and today - well - today is quite chilly but I am thankful that I can reach into the closet and pick out a cozy sweater to keep the chill away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog