31 days - Day 27
Today I am thankful for medicine. I really have a love/hate relationship with it at times. Sometimes I have to take a lot of medication for my migraines and sometimes it is the medication that makes the migraines worse (the rebound is often just as bad so it is hard to know if it is a migraine or a rebound). Sometimes I have to take a lot and then just stop 'cold turkey' to see if it makes a difference.
This past week and weekend were especially bad head wise. I took a few half days off work because it was too much. Saturday morning I was out with the girls and it came on suddenly so we rushed home where I slept on and off for about 3 hours (while the girls played so nicely and only occasionally woke me up to say that I was snoring - but "not a loud snore more like a purring"). As the pounding in my head continued to worsen I was thankful that I had something that I could take. It doesn't always work and sometimes it helps just enough so that I am able to fall asleep.
It is not ideal to have to take it (sometimes it makes me a bit hyper, sometimes it puts me to sleep) and it often doesn't work. I really know it is going to work when my arms feel like they've fallen asleep - I feel such relief when that happens.
I do get in a bit of a panic if I don't have any medication with me - even if it doesn't always work. I always have a headache but sometimes, when I feel that migraine coming on, there is a feeling of panic (especially if I'm not home or close to home) that I need to take something quick. I usually have about 10-15 minutes before I'm not able to do anything (like on Saturday) so I quickly take something (in hopes of it not getting too much worse) and drive like the wind or head to bed.
I am thankful that there are medications that help - even just a little bit.
This past week and weekend were especially bad head wise. I took a few half days off work because it was too much. Saturday morning I was out with the girls and it came on suddenly so we rushed home where I slept on and off for about 3 hours (while the girls played so nicely and only occasionally woke me up to say that I was snoring - but "not a loud snore more like a purring"). As the pounding in my head continued to worsen I was thankful that I had something that I could take. It doesn't always work and sometimes it helps just enough so that I am able to fall asleep.
It is not ideal to have to take it (sometimes it makes me a bit hyper, sometimes it puts me to sleep) and it often doesn't work. I really know it is going to work when my arms feel like they've fallen asleep - I feel such relief when that happens.
I do get in a bit of a panic if I don't have any medication with me - even if it doesn't always work. I always have a headache but sometimes, when I feel that migraine coming on, there is a feeling of panic (especially if I'm not home or close to home) that I need to take something quick. I usually have about 10-15 minutes before I'm not able to do anything (like on Saturday) so I quickly take something (in hopes of it not getting too much worse) and drive like the wind or head to bed.
I am thankful that there are medications that help - even just a little bit.

Comments