31 Days - Day 10

31 days
As much as I dread the dentist, I am very thankful for my dentist.

I went in yesterday (after spending the day in bed with a migraine) and she could tell I was not doing well.  She gave me dark glasses and asked what I was more nervous about.

I don't do well with the needle and I really can't handle the vibrations of the drill/sander/anything.  So, a little (well... really it was a lot) of numbing cream, then the needle and she talked me through what she was doing always checking that I was ok.  Twenty minutes later and I was all done.

While working on me she chatted with her hygienist.  They are very funny and I spent a lot of time laughing - well as much as you can with a frozen mouth and tools and hands in your mouth.  They very easily put me at ease (even without my 'happy' pills).

Dr. Mindy is fast, efficient, funny and very understanding. 

Once it was all done I chided myself for being so anxious about going in for 5 days (and the joy it brought to my head and stomach).  It always goes well and I walk out breathing and not in any pain.

It was also nice to be able to eat on that side of my mouth after 5 days of a sharp tooth in the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog