31 Days - Day 16

It is hard to think that half of October is already done!  This month's challenge has been a great reminder for me to be thankful for big and little things.

Today I am thankful that God is a creative God.  The kids were helping me bring in my quilting materials last night and as I was emptying out the containers and putting the material away I was reminded of the variety of colour.

Tristan is colour blind and not just red/green as is the more common but blue/yellow as well.  He basically sees gray, orange and brown as well as black and white.  He knows that John Deere is Green and the colours of the other tractors, but he really doesn't see the real colours.  He has pencil crayons that have the colours written on them so that he can do his work properly.  When he gets himself dressed he often has to change - nope that red shirt, orange sweater and blue pants don't match.  Most of his clothes tend to go together (except that blue track suit) so he has an easier time getting ready.  When he's told to get his blue Sunday shirt - he gets on... maybe not the one that we were thinking of.

As I put the pieces of material in their rainbows of colour I was thankful that I am able to see each and every one.  Sure, sometimes I need a bit of a different light to see to make sure that things really do go well together - but I can still see them.

This is evident when putting materials together to make a quilt.  I love looking through my stash to find the 'right' red or green (or sometimes getting frustrated that I can't find the right red or green) and putting together colours that I might not normally but when they are in the quilt they go together so well.

If you look in my closet you wouldn't think that I like colour... I'm working on putting more than black and dark purple in my wardrobe as well. 

As you look at the colours of the changing leaves on the trees it is amazing to think that we have a God who is creative and imaginative in his creation.  He didn't make everything gray or red but gave us a whole rainbow of colours.  I am very thankful for that.

Comments

Karen said…
I love colour too, and the fall colours are often a reminder of the creativity of our God and His goodness in giving us the beauty of colour.
Thanks for reminding me again, to be thankful to God for this gift also.

Popular posts from this blog