31 Days - Day 2

Today I am thankful for my brother in law Ryan. He was on the list for later, but it seemed fitting after last night that he should be today's.
The last week or so my car has been a bit 'rumbly' in the muffler area. I wasn't too concerned, someone from church had listened to it and thought it should just be fixed before winter.
Last night, I went to the grocery store to pick up some soup for Rachel and there was a loud pop and then an eruption of noise as the car proceeded to shake & rattle. It was shaking so hard that my sunglasses moved from the centre console onto the passenger seat! And the noise - well - it was so loud that I quickly turned red in embarrassment.
I tried to gently come in the driveway and there were Ryan & Rachel chuckling at my 'quiet' entrance. Ryan went out to look and the tail pipe had dislodged from the muffler. After a bit of discussion he went to Canadian Tire to get some supplies and we spent the next 45 mins or so sprawled out on the driveway trying to fix the muffler.
I was so glad that it was dark outside so that no one could see us laying out on the driveway in various stages of contortion as I tried to hold the flash light and he tried to bang the pipe with a hammer (I thought that driving without the muffler was loud that was even more piercing). There was lots of laughing, pulling, tugging, laughing, struggling, popping of shoulders (that would be Ryan) and more laughing as Ryan wiggled his way under the car and I pulled, twisted and turned the pipe till at last it fit.
Ryan said to turn on the car and it was quiet - oh so quiet. What a great relief! I told the kids about what we were doing last night and how loud the car was before daddy fixed it. Like them, I am very thankful for a handy brother
Comments