31 Days - Day 12
Today I am thankful for my elders. Growing up, elders were much older men who were feared - especially when it came time for a home visit. We were all so afraid that we would not know our catechism questions and what if we did not know the right answers.
As I grew older, I learned that there was no need to fear my elders. The men who have that role at my church, I now consider dear friends (along with their wives and children). They are men who have a huge responsibility for the souls of those in the church, who spend countless - and unknown to most people - hours praying for and working with people in the church, all while having their own families and full time jobs.
I am very thankful for the love and care of my elders - that I can share with them my joys, trials and struggles in my faith. I am thankful for their wisdom and advice. I am thankful for the sacrifice that these men make daily for the good of the church.
As I grew older, I learned that there was no need to fear my elders. The men who have that role at my church, I now consider dear friends (along with their wives and children). They are men who have a huge responsibility for the souls of those in the church, who spend countless - and unknown to most people - hours praying for and working with people in the church, all while having their own families and full time jobs.
I am very thankful for the love and care of my elders - that I can share with them my joys, trials and struggles in my faith. I am thankful for their wisdom and advice. I am thankful for the sacrifice that these men make daily for the good of the church.
Comments