31 Days - Day 23

Today I am thankful for my mom & dad.  Now that they live closer I actually get to see them (mom used to come up during the day but I would be at work so not see her)! 

Last night dad just popped in to drop off some wood for Ryan.  The kids were so excited to see him, the twins snuggled up with him.  Julia tried to tell him about her trip to the Pumpkin Patch (he has a bit of a hard time understanding her) and showed just the right amount of enthusiasm when she showed her cob of popping corn (pointing out that the black on that is really rotten is the 'spicy' one).  He helped put the kids to bed and sat around for a while and chatted with Rachel and I. 

It was nice to spend that quiet time with dad.  Just finding out about his day and how things went last weekend at Beacon with Tristan.

Mom is over more too.  With Rachel laid up it was nice to have mom closer by to help with the twins.  It is nice to be able to say "I'm coming for a visit' or to come home after church and mom and dad are there. 

I'm so thankful that they are living closer and are able to go to a church where they can have friendships that are encouraging and where they can grow under deeper preaching of the word. I'm so thankful to have them close by to be able to see them more often, talk with them and hug them.  The girls get a kick out of telling me that my mommy and/or daddy are here.  I am thankful that they are closer so that they can spend more time with the grandkids. 

I am very thankful for my mom and dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog