31 Days - Day 21
I was going to wait a bit to write this one but after this morning I thought I'd write about how thankful I am for the kids that I get to live with.
They are nutbars - the whole lot of them - really but I love them to bits. This morning was just one of those mornings when I realized it again.
I came upstairs to make breakfast for the kids. Blake was sitting on the chair, Anthony was snuggled up with Tristan, Hannah was flittering about and Julia was snuggled on another chair. It was pretty quiet.
I walked over to Blake "Good morning Jen" he said sweetly. I asked if he had a good sleep and did he want breakfast "Yep. Outmeal". I walked over to Anthony 'Good morning, did you have a good sleep?' I asked as I tussled his hair 'Yes'. "I super love you' I said quietly 'I love you Aunt Shen" he said quietly back.
Then Julia realized I was in the room and came to give me a big hug. Hannah came flittering over to show me the picture she had drawn of her doggie - 'Those are the bumps are the bows. I just looked at it and drew it like an artist does'. She showed Tristan who (after being pryed away from his toy) look at it and exclaimed "Hanny, you did a great job!"
After breakfast was done, Rachel put the boys on the potty (yep... training is in full swing) and there was lots of cheering as first Anthony & then Blake well... peed.
It isn't always like this. Often there are tears or fights about whose turn it is to get the lunches or I can't find my shoes or I don't want to wear a sweater, but this morning it was really nice.
I love that the twins love to snuggle with someone - really anyone but especially Tristan. I love to hear Tristan encourage the girls with something they've done or comment on how pretty they look with their hair done a certain way.
I love it that when we get ready to leave in the morning, the twins will give me a smooch and say 'I love you' in a sweet almost whisper - not that it is a secret but that it is a special thing to say with a special voice. This morning as I was walking away after my smooch, Anthony called out 'hugs!' with his arms up in the air.(sometimes I could just eat them!) I love hearing them tell the other kids to have a good day. I love them calling out Tristan, Hannah and Julia's name and saying goodbye to each one. I love hearing the older kids say 'be good for mommy - go on the potty today'.
I love dropping the kids off at school and Tristan actually holding my hand (at least the last 2 weeks he has) and waiting for me to hug him, tell him to make wise choices and give him a quick smooch on the head before he walks down the hill to the back of the school with Hannah. I love that they wait at the bottom for Julia and I to get to the fence so they can yell "Bye Julia - super love you" as Julia giggles in delight and waves back.
I am thankful for days like this, when the kids seem to ooze love. I am thankful that I get to be a part of their lives and share in these moments
They are nutbars - the whole lot of them - really but I love them to bits. This morning was just one of those mornings when I realized it again.
I came upstairs to make breakfast for the kids. Blake was sitting on the chair, Anthony was snuggled up with Tristan, Hannah was flittering about and Julia was snuggled on another chair. It was pretty quiet.
I walked over to Blake "Good morning Jen" he said sweetly. I asked if he had a good sleep and did he want breakfast "Yep. Outmeal". I walked over to Anthony 'Good morning, did you have a good sleep?' I asked as I tussled his hair 'Yes'. "I super love you' I said quietly 'I love you Aunt Shen" he said quietly back.
Then Julia realized I was in the room and came to give me a big hug. Hannah came flittering over to show me the picture she had drawn of her doggie - 'Those are the bumps are the bows. I just looked at it and drew it like an artist does'. She showed Tristan who (after being pryed away from his toy) look at it and exclaimed "Hanny, you did a great job!"
After breakfast was done, Rachel put the boys on the potty (yep... training is in full swing) and there was lots of cheering as first Anthony & then Blake well... peed.
It isn't always like this. Often there are tears or fights about whose turn it is to get the lunches or I can't find my shoes or I don't want to wear a sweater, but this morning it was really nice.
I love that the twins love to snuggle with someone - really anyone but especially Tristan. I love to hear Tristan encourage the girls with something they've done or comment on how pretty they look with their hair done a certain way.
I love it that when we get ready to leave in the morning, the twins will give me a smooch and say 'I love you' in a sweet almost whisper - not that it is a secret but that it is a special thing to say with a special voice. This morning as I was walking away after my smooch, Anthony called out 'hugs!' with his arms up in the air.(sometimes I could just eat them!) I love hearing them tell the other kids to have a good day. I love them calling out Tristan, Hannah and Julia's name and saying goodbye to each one. I love hearing the older kids say 'be good for mommy - go on the potty today'.
I love dropping the kids off at school and Tristan actually holding my hand (at least the last 2 weeks he has) and waiting for me to hug him, tell him to make wise choices and give him a quick smooch on the head before he walks down the hill to the back of the school with Hannah. I love that they wait at the bottom for Julia and I to get to the fence so they can yell "Bye Julia - super love you" as Julia giggles in delight and waves back.
I am thankful for days like this, when the kids seem to ooze love. I am thankful that I get to be a part of their lives and share in these moments

Comments