31 Days Challenge - Day 1

31 days
Happy October.  So today begins this first writing challenge and it is something that I have been looking forward to.  The theme for this month is going to be Thanksgiving - which in some ways seems like overkill at this time of year but there is method to my particular madness.

Having chronic migraines it is very easy to be discouraged.  To wake up every morning in pain, be in pain all day, go to bed in pain and wake in the middle of the night in pain - well it gets tired quickly.  It is very easy to just dwell on that part of my life and go into that spiral of self-centred depression.  A number of years ago I was having a conversation with a friend who told me that I should remember the good and be thankful.  Since then I have tried to do that from time to time but this is going to be a full month of remembering God's kindnesses to me.

So first of all - and most important - I am thankful to be a child of God.  There is such a great comfort in knowing that my Father loves me.  That no matter what I am going through each moment of each day, he knows.

He knows.

He knows.

I have to keep reminding my self of that one.  He knows everything.  He knows every cell in my brain that is throbbing.  He knows every tear that falls.  He knows each breath, each sorrow, each joy.  He knows it all because he is my Father and he loves me.  He loved me so much that he sent his Son to die for me so that I could be his. 

The ultimate gift given for me - how could I not be thankful to be his child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog