MRI Results
Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my family doctor that my MRI results were normal. I wasn't really expecting anything different - the neurologist said that the MRI was really for my own peace of mind and he didn't think we'd find anything there (well... anything that wasn't supposed to be there).
So now I have an appointment booked on March 12 to see my family doctor (she is on holidays till then) and we'll go from there. I don't have any plans to see the neurologist again till the 27th of March when I have my nerve test (to make sure that the nerves in my hand weren't affected - but again this was just for my own peace of mind) - unless he calls and says he needs to see me for something else. I'm not really sure about medications or what other steps, if there are any, we would do next. The right hand has pretty much stopped and my shoulder only goes when I'm nervous or my adrenalin gets going. The stuttering or speech delays are still persistant and really the most frustrating part of it all - but hopefully that will stop soon too.
Somone mentioned to me that I have become so good at hiding how I am really feeling (with the migraines) and always saying that I'm fine, that now I can't hide it and folks can really see how I'm feeling. I'm not sure if that's a good thing... but if I'm talking to you and start shaking or stuttering you're probably making me nervous :)
In house news, they are painting this week and putting in carpet and we hope to have everything done by the 10th of March!!! We'll have 2 weeks to go through the container on the driveway that holds all our pocessions and see what was damaged and what we can still use and then hopefully be in by March 30th. We are all very excited to be back home again!
So now I have an appointment booked on March 12 to see my family doctor (she is on holidays till then) and we'll go from there. I don't have any plans to see the neurologist again till the 27th of March when I have my nerve test (to make sure that the nerves in my hand weren't affected - but again this was just for my own peace of mind) - unless he calls and says he needs to see me for something else. I'm not really sure about medications or what other steps, if there are any, we would do next. The right hand has pretty much stopped and my shoulder only goes when I'm nervous or my adrenalin gets going. The stuttering or speech delays are still persistant and really the most frustrating part of it all - but hopefully that will stop soon too.
Somone mentioned to me that I have become so good at hiding how I am really feeling (with the migraines) and always saying that I'm fine, that now I can't hide it and folks can really see how I'm feeling. I'm not sure if that's a good thing... but if I'm talking to you and start shaking or stuttering you're probably making me nervous :)
In house news, they are painting this week and putting in carpet and we hope to have everything done by the 10th of March!!! We'll have 2 weeks to go through the container on the driveway that holds all our pocessions and see what was damaged and what we can still use and then hopefully be in by March 30th. We are all very excited to be back home again!
Comments