Little Things.

It really is little things that bring a smile these days.

1. Curtains. Yep - I did say little. We have curtains on the living room window now and it feels more like home.


2. Music. We discovered yesterday that I don't stammer when I sing, so this morning while waiting for the bus, Tristan, Hannah and I made up a song and sang it crazy loud:


"Tristian is a hockey puck. We push him in the mud so he gets stuck. But we'll help him out because we love him. Hannah is a soccer ball, we laugh and push her while she falls. But we won't leave her there because we love her. Aunt Jen is a lovely girl, her hair is full of lots of curls. She is so nice and sweet and kind and we love her."


3. Snuggles. Julia isn't feeling very well right now and just snuggled all morning. Nothing like a snuggle to make you feel better.


4. Sunshine. This isn't often the case for me to like sunshine, I usually feel like a vampire wanting to hide in the dark, but the sunshine this morning was so nice to see. Hannah's comment was "I think that today is going to be a beautiful day."


5. Listening to the kids talk/play together. Tristan calls Hannah his sweetheart, and she calls him Dear - while they play with their toys. Hannah was telling Tristan about going through the car wash and then added, "Maybe next time you can come too! Aunt Jen, can we do it again so Tristan can have fun in the car with us?". They don't always show that they love each other, but when they do it is sweet.

Comments

Lucy van Eyk said…
To think our Great God cares about these little things in our lives.

Popular posts from this blog