It was quite some time ago, but here are pictures of a sewing day that we had with a gaggle of girls from church! They had to bring 2 pieces of material and we made reversable bags. Sally & Wilma had made out lots of patterns for the girls to pin and cut out and stations were set up in a few areas of the house. The sound of machines whirling could be heard followed closely by "what do I do now?"
 |
| waiting for instructions for what to do next |
The girls quickly learned the saying 'The seam ripper is my best friend". Even though the patterns ended up being cut wrong - so the purses were not reversable - they still turned out wonderful and it is great to see the girls bringing their new purses to church week after week (they are perfect size for holding a bible and notebook).
 |
working hard with Sally looking on
|
I also had a few busy days to get quilts made for my nephews who I was going to see the beginning of July. It was fun to see them open up the quilts and see their favourite colours (which Cathy let me in on so I would get it right).
 |
| Ethan likes red |
 |
| Jacob likes blue |
 |
Adam likes orange and green
|
Comments