On the weekend, Hettie's nephew Jason got married to a lovely, sweet girl, Hannah. When we talked (way back in July) Aunt Hettie and I agreed to come up and help with setting up the school for the dinner and whatever else would need to be done.
 |
| The hall finally finished. When we were at the wedding the overhead lights were off and there were spot lights and strings of lights that lite up the whole room. |
We headed out to Jordan early on Thursday morning and helped to set up the school. It was amazing how much like a school gym it didn't look by the time we were done! It took a LONG time - but the result was beautiful!
 |
| one of the 'tamer' coloured homes |
We had some time in the afternoon between setting up and the rehersal dinner - so we headout out to Old Grimsby beach (I had seen pictures on the Stel's blog and wanted to check it out). What a cute little village - really only a few streets with crazy coloured homes and all had HUGE flowers out front. It was very pretty and so quiet. A beautiful walk in the quiet after a busy day.
One of my jobs was to help the florist bring the centre pieces in and take care of the flowers at the church. On Friday morning, I was doing some last minute things with the flowers and I think that people thought I was the florist as they kept introducing themselves to me as 'grandma so and so'. I finally clued in and started to hand out corsages... I did say that I would do whatever needed to be done.
 |
| Just to prove I was there - bringing in a a tall box of flowers for the hall. |
I decided to make a 'lap' quilt for Jason & Hannah and thought it was perfect that I had some left over squares from the quilt that I made for Amanda & Chad... well as I started to put the pieces together I realized that I really didn't have enough... the blue squares in the centre were all I had! So I searched through my 'stash' and was able to find enough for 60 more squares. The Saturday before the wedding I was putting all the layers together and realized that my batting was about 1/2 inch too narrow so I raced out to St. George and found the batting at Lynn Belle AND they were having a 40% - 60% off sale! (I didn't pick up too much... just enough for the next quilt).

It was a busy couple of days filled with working, relaxing and visitng old friends. We stayed with Jeremy & Maria and the Stel's came by for a visit and Mrs. Bout. It was hard to believe how grown up the kids all are and was reminded again of the bonds of friendship and how deep they run, that even after years of not seeing each other in person, we can still pick up right where we left off (though hopefully a bit more mature...) :)
 |
| Standing with the groom and his 3 brother's. Once upon a time i was taller than all of them... really I am not that short :) |
Comments