The Migraine Clinic
I haven't posted about it in a while (as it usually is the same thing every week) but I've still been going to the Migraine Clinic. Yesterday we did a reassessment after another 10 weeks of sessions. It was interesting.
Basically an assessment is checking the pulses - not speed, but strength and flow (or something like that). Dr. Cleary said I was 'slow' but that I haven't plateaued (which is good) and there is improvement. We're going to go for another 8 weeks (that is 16 sessions) and see from there. He wasn't sure if the tremors were part of the reason for the 'slowness' or not.
While I was waiting and doing my 'breathing' he sat down and asked me a bit more about my work and as we were talking he asked about catholics and jews and the difference between them and christianity. We talked for a good 45 minutes. He had been raised in the catholic church and was an alter boy till about 18 - but knew nothing of the bible (he asked me if I read it everyday and what my favourite book was. When I said Ephesians I had to explain who the ephesians were and why Paul wrote them a letter).
I was praying the whole time that I wouldn't start to shake - as I usually do when I'm put on the spot or nervous - and thankfully that prayer was answered. No shaking while I was talking with him! A small thing but a blessing to not be showing physically how I was feeling inside (that is the worst part of the tremors not being able to 'hide' how I'm feeling).
I have noticed a difference (and Ryan and Rachel have too) in my migraines. The everyday is usually a 5-7 instead of a 8-9 and when I do have a 10 migraine it doesn't last as long (usually hours/days instead of days/weeks). It has been an interesting experience but I look forward to it being done in a few weeks!
Also, the tremors and stuttering are much better. Usually if I"m nervous or feel put on the spot or extra 'stressed' (I know I'm not supposed to use that word but it fits here) then I start to shake and stutter, but it doesn't last more than a few hours. So thankful for that answer to prayer as well. At my last doctor's visit she said that the MRI was clear for MS and a few other things that she had been concerned about.
Thank you again for all your prayers in this.
Basically an assessment is checking the pulses - not speed, but strength and flow (or something like that). Dr. Cleary said I was 'slow' but that I haven't plateaued (which is good) and there is improvement. We're going to go for another 8 weeks (that is 16 sessions) and see from there. He wasn't sure if the tremors were part of the reason for the 'slowness' or not.
While I was waiting and doing my 'breathing' he sat down and asked me a bit more about my work and as we were talking he asked about catholics and jews and the difference between them and christianity. We talked for a good 45 minutes. He had been raised in the catholic church and was an alter boy till about 18 - but knew nothing of the bible (he asked me if I read it everyday and what my favourite book was. When I said Ephesians I had to explain who the ephesians were and why Paul wrote them a letter).
I was praying the whole time that I wouldn't start to shake - as I usually do when I'm put on the spot or nervous - and thankfully that prayer was answered. No shaking while I was talking with him! A small thing but a blessing to not be showing physically how I was feeling inside (that is the worst part of the tremors not being able to 'hide' how I'm feeling).
I have noticed a difference (and Ryan and Rachel have too) in my migraines. The everyday is usually a 5-7 instead of a 8-9 and when I do have a 10 migraine it doesn't last as long (usually hours/days instead of days/weeks). It has been an interesting experience but I look forward to it being done in a few weeks!
Also, the tremors and stuttering are much better. Usually if I"m nervous or feel put on the spot or extra 'stressed' (I know I'm not supposed to use that word but it fits here) then I start to shake and stutter, but it doesn't last more than a few hours. So thankful for that answer to prayer as well. At my last doctor's visit she said that the MRI was clear for MS and a few other things that she had been concerned about.
Thank you again for all your prayers in this.
Comments