A Very Early Morning and Some Other Things

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail that my MRI is booked for February 21, 2012 at 1:10 am.

Yep - am.

The tremor has been a bit less this week (though it started up again last night - obviously stress is a trigger for it) and because it has been less I was able to get a lot of hand written letters done.

The last 2 weeks I have also been back to The Migraine Clinic. I should really see about sleeping there on the Wednesday nights as it is probably the best sleep I get all week - that little nap in between sessions. The room is toasty warm, it is a nice hard bed, a dark room and quiet :). Otherwise, nothing unusal has been going on there - just the same.

I hope to be able to go and buy a bed frame this weekend. I was thinking originally that instead of buying a bed, setting it up and then having to take it apart and move it again in 3-6 months I would just sleep on a mattress on the floor - but my sleep has been terrible since being at the rental. True, it usually takes time to adjust to a new house with new noises, but since there are mice in the house and I'm laying on the floor - they have easy acess to me, hence not being able to sleep well at night. Hopefully being off the ground will help with that.

On the house front, the house has been gutted and R&R hope to meet with the insurance adjuster this week to go over the quotes from the contractors so that reconstruction can start in the next 2 weeks. There has been great confusion over the contents of the house that were taken out and what was gotten rid of and lists that were made. It seems that some wet stuff was put in with stuff that wasn't wet but because it was put in there then everything has to go. We're not quite sure what is going on and probably won't know for sure what will need to be replaced until we are pretty much ready to move back in. This is a bit frustrating to not know what is ok and what is not - especially things with sentimental value - like the hope chest my opa made, or the masks from Indonesia that my opa gave me last year or the pictures I made with oma. It would be nice to know what is ok and what isn't so that I could still 'replace' them while my grandparents are still alive.

On the baby front - they are still in. There have been a few mornings where Rachel has thought that last night was it, but so far nothing is really going on. She is now 35 weeks so they are considered full term and can safely come at any time. We are all feeling impatient waiting to meet these little ones and can't wait to have little babies in the house again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog