Things Heard at Our Home

It is very interesting to listen to what the kids are saying and see what they are thinking about the whole move/baby situation. These are just a few of the things that have been heard lately:

Friday the kids had a PD day and they were told the night before they were going to have a surprise. They were trying to guess what it was:
T: Aunt Ben (yes... he is learning rhyming words and discovered that Ben rhyms with Jen so that is now my new name) is the sturprise that we are moving back to our house? I miss my bed. (a little heartbreaking to hear him say that).

The next morning: T: Auntie Ben, I know!! Is the sturprise that mommy is going to have the babies today!!??!!

On Thursdays when I get home from work, Hannah always says: "Aunt Jen. Sit down so I can check you head". She then proceeds to climb up my lap and grabbing my head in her hands checks the top of my head. After serious searching "Aunt Jen!!! I see some red - the doctor made you bleed today! Julia wants to 'join in the fun' too and now climbs up beside Hannah and with a very serious face says 'Owie' and then gives me a smooch.

While eating breakfast the other morning we were talking about Sunday School.
T: Aunt Ben, could you please be our Sunday School teacher.
Me: Not really, I don't go to the same church.
H: But us like you to teach us
T: What if Miss Tisha or Miss Kisten have another baby THEN you can come and teach us!
H: Yeah - me thinks that a good idea too!
Me: Well, I don't teach Sunday School anymore but I did a long time ago. I actually taught Rebekah and Johnny
H: You taught Mebeckah and Johnny Rosco!!
T: Aunt Ben you are sooooo cool!

I usually get home before the rest of the clan on Sunday mornings and this week had the fire going and lunch made.

T: Daddy! The fire is going on its own!!!
Me: Actually I got the fire going this morning
T: WHAT!!! You can do that?
Walking in after the fact...
H: Aunt Jen! Then fire is going!!!! Did you do that?
Me: Yes. I can sometimes get the fire going.
T: Hanny, Aunt Ben can do lots of things, eh?!

Then sitting for lunch
T: Who made lunch today?
Rachel: Aunt Jen made the soup today
T: Aunt Ben, you can make soup too!
Me: Yes, I can cook too.
H: Me like this soup it has noodles
T: Aunt Ben you are really cool.

This morning while looking out the window:
T: Hanny and Bear, its raining so you have to say good bye to the snow. It is going to melt (said like the expert on weather that he is)
H: But I don't want the snow to go!
T: Well, its raining so it is going to go now.
H: Dear Lord, please bring us more snow. I like to play in the snow.
J: snow! snow!
Me: Good news, there is supposed to be more snow tomorrow. When it gets cold the rain will turn to snow.
H: See God heard me already! It will snow tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog