Day Five & Six
Well, after treatment #4 - and a very long day, I went to Kelley's to play games (I didn't come in last... but I didn't win either :)), and by the time I did get home the lovely migraine that had been stopped earlier in the day came with a vengence. The nice thing was that I was able to get lots of work done during the day. Friday was also a bit of a right off, but thankfully Saturday was a good day (that will have it's own post).
Sunday and most of Monday were also mostly spent in bed. So, Tuesday morning I woke up feeling - well, ok - it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. By the time I got to Georgetown I was feeling pretty good.
That didn't last long.
I'm still not sure what caused it, but whether it was some anxiety over going to prison later on in the morning, or where the needles were placed (they all seemed to hurt), but shortly after the needles were put in my right arm started shaking.
This is not an unusual phemomenon. Sometimes, when a really bad migraine is starting, my right arm starts shaking, I get very hot and have some difficulty breathing. I've never had a panic attack but I imagine that it would feel pretty close.
Now, normally Dr. Brandon comes and pokes his head in the door every 10 minutes or so to make sure things are going okay, but this time (of course) it was almost 25 minutes before he came in. I'm not sure how I looked but he ran over, pulled out needles, stuck some in my other hand and did the wiggly thing he did last week that worked. My breathing was getting worse and I was having some trouble speaking and the shaking thing was going on. (I don't like the shaking thing). He quickly told me to take whatever meds I needed to and brought me to a dark and quiet room to lay down.
I really felt bad for the poor guy - every 5 minutes he popped his head in the room and asked "Are you ok? I'm going to stop asking because I know you're not, but are you ok?" It took about an hour for things to 'calm down' and I was able to leave the office.
Then I went to prison. Not the greatest place to be at the best of times but I went and even made it back to the office afterwards for a few hours then went home to bed.
I felt as though I'd been beat up. The 'shaking' is very tiring (and if you're thinking it -it is not a seizure - some people get an 'aura' of light, some get physically sick, my arm shakes) and it took til this morning to get back on my feet again.
This morning I had another treatment and I was all prepared to tell him if the needles hurt and to move them, but the treatment went well. I was in and out in 30 minutes. I do have a bit of a migraine starting now but hopefully it is just because I've been up since 4:30.
At the beginning of the treatments, Dr. Brandon said that any changes are good - even if they make things worse, change is good. I'm trying to be optomistic about all changes being good and really hope that the changes will start to get better. Next week I have 2 more treatments and then the reassessment. Some people need between 15-30 treatments to work... I'm hoping that it won't be that long...
If you think about it, if you could you could please pray that:
1. I would be patient during this time and that even if things do feel worse that I would persevere in the treatments.
2. Next week really starts the busiest time for me at work with 2 dinners, 400 enrollment packages to be printed and put together, 10,000 calendars to be sent out, over 200 Christmas cards to be written as well as typing out speeches for the dinners for an end of year newsletter and all the other end of year things that need to be done. Please pray that I would have the endurance and strength to get my work done (and cheerfully).
Sunday and most of Monday were also mostly spent in bed. So, Tuesday morning I woke up feeling - well, ok - it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. By the time I got to Georgetown I was feeling pretty good.
That didn't last long.
I'm still not sure what caused it, but whether it was some anxiety over going to prison later on in the morning, or where the needles were placed (they all seemed to hurt), but shortly after the needles were put in my right arm started shaking.
This is not an unusual phemomenon. Sometimes, when a really bad migraine is starting, my right arm starts shaking, I get very hot and have some difficulty breathing. I've never had a panic attack but I imagine that it would feel pretty close.
Now, normally Dr. Brandon comes and pokes his head in the door every 10 minutes or so to make sure things are going okay, but this time (of course) it was almost 25 minutes before he came in. I'm not sure how I looked but he ran over, pulled out needles, stuck some in my other hand and did the wiggly thing he did last week that worked. My breathing was getting worse and I was having some trouble speaking and the shaking thing was going on. (I don't like the shaking thing). He quickly told me to take whatever meds I needed to and brought me to a dark and quiet room to lay down.
I really felt bad for the poor guy - every 5 minutes he popped his head in the room and asked "Are you ok? I'm going to stop asking because I know you're not, but are you ok?" It took about an hour for things to 'calm down' and I was able to leave the office.
Then I went to prison. Not the greatest place to be at the best of times but I went and even made it back to the office afterwards for a few hours then went home to bed.
I felt as though I'd been beat up. The 'shaking' is very tiring (and if you're thinking it -it is not a seizure - some people get an 'aura' of light, some get physically sick, my arm shakes) and it took til this morning to get back on my feet again.
This morning I had another treatment and I was all prepared to tell him if the needles hurt and to move them, but the treatment went well. I was in and out in 30 minutes. I do have a bit of a migraine starting now but hopefully it is just because I've been up since 4:30.
At the beginning of the treatments, Dr. Brandon said that any changes are good - even if they make things worse, change is good. I'm trying to be optomistic about all changes being good and really hope that the changes will start to get better. Next week I have 2 more treatments and then the reassessment. Some people need between 15-30 treatments to work... I'm hoping that it won't be that long...
If you think about it, if you could you could please pray that:
1. I would be patient during this time and that even if things do feel worse that I would persevere in the treatments.
2. Next week really starts the busiest time for me at work with 2 dinners, 400 enrollment packages to be printed and put together, 10,000 calendars to be sent out, over 200 Christmas cards to be written as well as typing out speeches for the dinners for an end of year newsletter and all the other end of year things that need to be done. Please pray that I would have the endurance and strength to get my work done (and cheerfully).
Comments