A Prayer
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you,
we have not stopped praying for you and aksing God to fill you with
the knowledge of his will through
all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord
and may please him in every way:
bearing fruit in every good work
growing in the knowledge of God,
being strengthened with all power
according to his glorious might
so that you may have
great endurance and patience
and joyfully giving thanks to the the Father
who has quialified you to share in the inheritance of the saints
in the kingdom of light.
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkeness
and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he love
in whome we have redemption
the forgiveness of sins"
Col 1:9-14
These verses were read to my last night and I was reminded that though I may not have freedom from or relief from my headaches, it is my prayer that I would be given the endurance to go through this trial, the patience needed and that most of all I would be joyfully giving thanks to my Father (who I know loves me) for the inheritance that I have been given in Christ.
These things are also easy to say, but not always easy to live out. If it comes to your mind, you can pray that my heart will reflect what I say (it is easy to say I'm fine but inside be sad and discouraged, that I would not complain or grumble (out loud or in my heart) and mostly that I would submit to whatever God's will is for my life - thankfully and joyfully.
Comments