A Great Surprise!!!

In May, I emailed Rich to see when would work to come for a visit to Winnipeg.  Thanksgiving worked out best AND we decided to make it a surprise for Cher!  It was soooo hard to keep it quiet for so long but so worth it!

As the plane landed, the pilot informed us that it was 3 and snowing.  At the beginning of October... snow.  Well, I thought I had planned well ahead and asked what the weather was like and was told "Oh great.  Just bring a sweater - you don't need a coat".


 We just walked into the house to Cher's great surprise I was standing behind Rich.  How fun!!! (the pictures that were taken were not great - Cher looked more sick than happy to see me so they will not see the light of day).

Of course, in true fashion (or lack of it) Cher thought it would be great to take a picture of me in a wig with the dress that I brought from days gone by shopping at Good Will.  She posted it on facebook and announced that I was there for a visit and couldn't wait for people at church to meet me.  To say that I felt pressure to make sure I looked good on Sunday was an understatement!!!  The ladies came rushing over after church to say how glad they were that I didn't really look like that picture - that as soon as they came into church they looked at my hair - and were glad that their worries were unfounded....

We had thanksgiving dinner at Mark & Miriams - and feasted on a delicious meal.  Tuesday morning (in a blizzard) a few of the ladies got together for coffee and to try to get some 'scoop' on the pastor's wife.  Fortunately for Cher, any 'dirt' I have on her would also implicate me so our secrets are safe :)
 On Sunday evening the young people's came over and we had a great time learning together and then teaching the kids some of the crazy games we played in our yp days.  We laughed so hard that our heads, stomachs and cheeks hurt!  Poor Mark must really think that Aunt Jen is nuts :)

Quilt made for snuggling on those cold Winnipeg nights
It was so nice to have 5 days together to talk, be serious, encourage, laugh, shop, clean pots (or is it still in the back of the cupboard), laugh and just spend time together. 
 
Though it has been some time since we've spent time together but the foundations that were put in place in our youth - growing together in God's word - made it seem as if no time had past.  Anyone wanting to visit - you'll love the church there (the folks made me feel very welcome) and it was beautiful and the cold is dry :(

Comments

Rich and Cher said…
I love your post, Jen :) Again, thanks for coming and sharing in my life here for a bit. Makes things here feel more complete. You're a dear friend, truly a kindred spirit, a sister in Christ. I miss having you here! Love ya!
Betty said…
Jen, that's so neat that you were able to do that! What fun.

Popular posts from this blog