SURPRISE!
He walked in and was very surprised. He didn't really want to come out that evening because they had a seniors thing at the church, but since my Aunt Heather and Uncle Kevin were 'taking him out for his birthday' he decided to go.

It was a really lovely evening. Heather arranged for each family to make up 2 scrapbook pages so that when friends came over they could 'show off' their family. During the meal mom, Aunt Heather, Uncle Michael, dad and most of the grandchildren went up and shared a memory of opa. It went from him working in his work shop to chasing after Uncle Michael with a homemade paddle while they were camping, to just sitting and watching a hockey game. There was also some time of singing and touching moments of remembering God's grace.
I realize that not many people have their grandparents still alive, and I know that I am blessed to still have all 4! I even knew most of my great-grandparents!
Happy Birthday Opa.
Comments
I think it is the same place. It was really pretty and it was nice that we had it all to ourselves (and we didn't have to do any dishes after supper). We did have a few 'walk ins' which was kind of funnny. It was a really nice evening