18 hours
Friday didn't start off great and by 5pm I was laying on the couch with a pounding head thinking I would have to cancel my plans of spending the evening celebrating Kelley's birthday. I took some T3's and had a hot shower and got ready "just in case" it worked. Then headed out.
We had a great time at Monty's a little place in Hespeler, that Jon had rented for the evening. It really fit 30 people (and we were about 28). We had different appetizers and lots of fun talking and laughing, eating and laughing... did I mention laughing? The best was Wilma's skiing story that she told without words (because she was laughing so hard). Oh yeah... lots of laughing.
When I was driving home later that night, I realized that my head was feeling pretty good. Better than it had felt in a long time. I would say a 6 out of 10 (which is really good -for me - since most days/weeks have been a 8-9 out of 10). I was trying to remember when I last felt that good.
July 27.
Almost 4 months since I felt good. It started the morning I woke up after coming home from MBC. That was a long run.
Saturday folks from church all went to Fergus for Applefest, a day when we get together and wash, sort, smush, liquify, boil, squeeze, bottle and can apple cider and applesauce. It was a beautiful day! Warm enough that we weren't freezing and cool enough that there were no bees. The kids had great fun working and playing and the adults, well, we worked and laughed.
Nothing so great as fellowshiping while working. There was lots of snack and chilli and warm apple cider to keep us going.
About 4pm I started for home leaving a bit earlier than I would have liked because my head was really starting to hurt. It had started again shortly before lunch but was getting worse and it is a long drive home. By the time I did get home and had dropped off apple cider at different homes I was toast again.
I figured it was 18 hours of feeling good. Almost 'normal'. Able to function. I was so thankful for those hours of repreave and that I could participate in the days activities.
It was a great 18 hours.
We had a great time at Monty's a little place in Hespeler, that Jon had rented for the evening. It really fit 30 people (and we were about 28). We had different appetizers and lots of fun talking and laughing, eating and laughing... did I mention laughing? The best was Wilma's skiing story that she told without words (because she was laughing so hard). Oh yeah... lots of laughing.
When I was driving home later that night, I realized that my head was feeling pretty good. Better than it had felt in a long time. I would say a 6 out of 10 (which is really good -for me - since most days/weeks have been a 8-9 out of 10). I was trying to remember when I last felt that good.
July 27.
Almost 4 months since I felt good. It started the morning I woke up after coming home from MBC. That was a long run.
Saturday folks from church all went to Fergus for Applefest, a day when we get together and wash, sort, smush, liquify, boil, squeeze, bottle and can apple cider and applesauce. It was a beautiful day! Warm enough that we weren't freezing and cool enough that there were no bees. The kids had great fun working and playing and the adults, well, we worked and laughed.
Nothing so great as fellowshiping while working. There was lots of snack and chilli and warm apple cider to keep us going.
About 4pm I started for home leaving a bit earlier than I would have liked because my head was really starting to hurt. It had started again shortly before lunch but was getting worse and it is a long drive home. By the time I did get home and had dropped off apple cider at different homes I was toast again.
I figured it was 18 hours of feeling good. Almost 'normal'. Able to function. I was so thankful for those hours of repreave and that I could participate in the days activities.
It was a great 18 hours.
Comments