Looking at the Camera

 Funny how times just "flies" by when you don't look through the camera.  I was going through some pictures for my next Encourager's Newsletter and came across these from back in May... Cher's birthday!
Opening presents with the family
 It wasn't a surprise visit for me this time, but there were a few surprises in store for dear Cher and her 40th birthday!

First of all, late Saturday night, some people came and snuck some flamingo's on the lawn (the kids counted more than 40).  Cher had gotten up with the dog and thought she saw someone outside and figured it was Agnes doing something.  Good guess! (it wasn't Agnes but she did make the arrangements).  We were going to play it cool (well... we forgot to tell Rich we were going to play it cool) and not say anything about who sent it till we went out for dinner on Monday night, but Rich let the cat out of the bag right away.


Monday night was a surprise dinner with some friends.  We had a blast!  My cheeks still hurt from all the laughing and smiling.  (Agnes, since it is well past your birthday I thought it would be ok to post this picture of you with your HUGE salad.  That being said, mine was the same size and everyone else had to share a bowl but because we're 'special' we got our own).

Then Tuesday morning, before I headed back for Ontario, we met with some of the ladies again for breakfast at this really cute little place near the Anjema's house. 


Because I had met these ladies before and kept in touch with some of them, I got to visit not only with Cher, but my other new friends, Miriam, Alison and Agnes.  There was a lot of laughter here again!  I thought that it was the company that I kept that got me into 'trouble' but sadly, it seems that with this group I got 'looks' again.  It is so nice to be able to have instant friendship because of our bonds in Christ!  So thankful for these ladies (and for the love that they have for Rich and Cher as well).

There were some more pictures on the camera as well.  I took the girls to The Butterfly Conservatory - Hannah even had one land on her.  We know for next time to make sure we have lots of red on.  Kristin came along with us and she walked around for most of the time there with one on her shirt!

For his birthday, Tristan got a pair of binoculars.  I found them outside, sitting on the deck on top of the play house looking for birds together.  

 And I don't have nearly enough of them, but here are two of the boys, enjoying their morning bottle just before church on a Sunday morning.  They are quite funny about the bottles.  You just have to have the microwave on, then tell Blake "Go find your bear".  He runs into the living room, grabs his bear and then unceremoniously plunks down on the floor waiting eagerly for his bottle.
 Anthony also just flops down, along with his 'old man' blanket (we call it that because he wears it around him like an old man trying to keep the draft off).  It is blissfully quiet for the next few minutes till they finish, stand up (sometimes like drunks) shake the bottle to make sure it is empty and then pass it on to mom.  For awhile whoever was finished first (usually Blake) would go over and steal the other bottle, but now they are pretty much done at the same time.  Then it is off to play 'tractors'.

Comments

Caleb A said…
Jen - I love this post! How fun to "relive" my b-day celebrations again :) Especially since we just had a bonfire for Agnes' 50th. Wish you could come again - your visits are so special for all of us!
Caleb A said…
OH brother....it's me, Cher, not Caleb.....

Popular posts from this blog