Week 27

It seems hard to believe that I'm already at week 27 at the Ontario Migraine Clinic.  The time has gone by so fast and soooo slow.  Next week will be my last session.  It was a hard decision to come to but it is time.

Usually things take a long time to start working and after some discussion with family and friends, 56 sessions is giving things a 'fair' shot.  While my migraines are far from gone, there has been great improvement. 

1.From September to December I went home for sure once if not twice a week with a migraine and missed about 8 weeks of church.  From December to the present I have missed 1 Sunday and have only gone home 2 times.  That is a huge improvement!!!

2. My 'everyday' headache has gone from a consistant 8-10 (on a scale of 1-10) to now a 5-7.  This is also huge as I can function pretty well at a 7.

3. When I do get a migraine that puts me 'out of commission' it usually only lasts hours or days instead of days/weeks. 

4. Things that used to trigger a migraine now don't necessarily - instead I'll sometimes tremor and stutter instead (or before) of a migraine.  This is a good thing in that I can still do things (except anything requiring fine motor skills or talking) and don't have the pain of a migraine. 

I have been noticing that the evenings are much worse (don't try me after about 7:30 -8) but at least I am able to get things done during the day.

This was not the result that I had been hoping for.  There are still things that I would love to see different, but this is how things are and what I have to learn to accept.  I am looking forward to being able to go to bed at normal times on Wednesday night (not before the sun goes down) and waking up at normal times Thursday morning (not 4am) but I will miss my Thursday morning nap :) 

As life continues on I am reminded again that all things are in God's hands and in his timing and that as much as I would like things to be different (or to have been different a long time ago) this is HIS will and that is good.  Thank you for your encouragements and prayers especially over the last few months.

Comments

Rich and Cher said…
Hey Jens - sounds like it HAS improved! Why are you stopping the treatments if they've been helping? Does quitting mean things'll go back to the way they were before? I'm sure not, or I don't think you'd stop........ Is there no possibility that continued treatment would have even more improvement? I'm sure you've thought all this through - hope you don't mind sharing the answers here. I'm so glad you've seen some change, but also that you're still trusting the Lord's will for you. Hard to not forever scramble after change and never learn contentment with His will for today. You've been a source of encouragement for me, my friend. My prayers continue.

Popular posts from this blog