Happy Birthday!

It is a bit late, but Happy Birthday to Mike!
Mike is my only older brother! He was 'known' to our family - or at least to me - many years before he started dating Karen.
When I was 16 I went to the youth group across the street from my high school. One night we were playing Russians and Christians (that tells you how long ago it was!). The point of the game was that you had a slip of paper that said you were a Russian, a Christian or on the fence. If you were a christian you wanted to get at least 3 other christians together to sing a song, recite a memory verse and pray. If you were a Russian you wanted to catch the Christians and bring them to jail (it was an area in the gym). Doug (the youth leader) was the judge and would sentence you to jail or let you go free. If you were on the fence you had to decided then and there if you were a Christian or a Russian. Sometimes Russians would 'pretend' to be christians so that they could catch them.
Well, I was a Russian and Mike was a Russian (but we didn't know) and he caught me. I tried to run away and he hoisted me up over his shoulder (causing me to lose my shoe - which I never got back) and brought me upstairs to Judge Doug. Well, even though I was a Russian, Doug threw me in prison. It was a memorable experience to say the least.
When Karen first told me that she was 'dating' this Mike fellow I said 'NO WAY'. But as I had no say, the relationship continued (under dad's supervision) and Mike became a man that was okay for my sister to marry.
In fact, he is a great brother (did I mention he is my only older brother) and I am very thankful for him and the way that he loves my sister and their children.
Comments