Now what???

I'm not really sure if I've been able to really do much on my list for the year.
Have I been kinder - I've tried. (it probably helps that I missed 2 weeks of church so I didn't have opportunity to NOT be kind).
Devotions - not what I'd like them to be.
Trusting God, knowing he is Sovereign over all things - still learning.

I have been talking with someone about the Sovereignty of God - something that I need to keep learning over and over - and how he is really in control of all things. Nothing happens without him knowing. He is accountable to no one - he is perfect. He is all powerful, limitless, infinate and does nothing that is against his holy character. He can carry out his own holy will in all things. God's love always wills what is best for me and has the power to bring it about. Nothing is too small or trival to escape his notice and nothing is so great it is beyond his power to control it. He rules over all areas of my life.

How wonderful to know (again) that God is in control and that I don't have to be. There is such a freedom that comes with that knowledge - so why do I keep wanting that control? Do I enjoy being frustrated, discontent, unhappy? I tend to think not, so why am I so slow to learn?

Someone told me that our Father is so kind in showing us our sin. He doesn't show us it all at once - the whole horror of it and what all needs to be changed, but small, more managable parts so that we don't become overwhelmed with despair the magnitude of what we reall look like. Then, in his timing, he shows us more and more of the same, taking us deeper to the sin that we love and helping us overcome.

As I struggle with sins (that I confess I love) that I thought were delt with, but now see God working deeper in my life and I am thankful for 2 things.

1. God hasn't left me in my sin but graciously is pointing it out to me so that I can change
2. God hasn't left me alone in my sin, but graciously gives his Spirit to soften my heart so that I see that sin and by his strength and power can put the old man to death.

Now to apply those things in my life, acknowledge the sin I love, repent, turn away from it and turn my heart to love GOD above all things.

Comments

Lucy van Eyk said…
Thank God for Jesus! He looks at what Christ has done. Jesus takes our sin and gives us his righteousness!
Keep trusting!

Popular posts from this blog