What's New?
Last Friday, after a few delays, Hettie came home from Africa! It was with great anticipation that I waited at the airport (a day later than originally scheduled) for my dear sister. Though her arrival time kept changing as I watched the monitor, it was good to finally see her. Saturday we spent the day with Heather, talking and walking through the mall and then out for dinner. We had icecream for dessert (which Het hadn't had in a year).
On the Lord's Day we had
a special welcome for her at church. First the children were all outside waiting for her, but she was a bit late... so they didn't see her. Then we had coffee downstairs so everyone could welcome her back. The most common comment was that she looked the same. It certainly didn't feel like she had been gone for almost 1 whole year! Time just flew by. We are all excited to have her back and can't wait to hear and see all about her trip.Hannah just had her 1 month appointment and is now 9lbs 2oz and 21" long! She is
still a very good baby and sleeps a lot. Tristan is adjusting well to his little sister. He often comes over to give her kisses and then giggles in delight when she touches his face. When she is in the playpen, Tristan keeps a close eye on Hannah, like a good big brother he rocks her if she is fussing (or even if she isn't - thankfully Hannah sleeps through all kinds of noise!). Rachel and I had take
n Hannah for an appointment and being a bit tired she started crying. Tristan just looked at us as if to say "Don't you hear her? Won't you do something to help her?" and then he started crying. As we wiped away his stream of big tears, we told him that Hannah was just hungry. Once she stopped crying he was okay again.I find it such a blessing to be able to spend this time with Rachel and Ryan and their family. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve my sister and to get to know her family better as they grow up. (It doesn't hurt that I'm around the most so Tristan says my name before the other Aunts and Uncles). I'm always eager to get home from work and see what new things Tristan has learned, like the sound that a pig makes (not the oink but the real one) and chickens (cheap cheap). He has also started standing by the front door and peering through the blinds waiting to see if "daddo" is coming home soon.
Comments