On Monday afternoon, I met with the doctor who did the sleep study. According to him, I slept for 6 hours (I'm not too sure about that but I'll take his word for it), only stopped breathing 1.9 times/hour (5 and under times/hour is considered normal) and my legs didn't move (I'm not sure what that had to do with anything). He also said that I didn't snore (but maybe they couldn't hear me over the other 2 folks near me who woke me up in the morning!). So the good news is that my sleeping has nothing to do with my headaches.
In other good news the medications that I've been on since the spring seem to be helping. Though I still get headaches they are less frequent and last a shorter amount of time (though they are more debilitating than before they only last for about 2 hours). Praise the Lord for this time that I've been able to enjoy without the worries of having a migrine. Another great thing about this medication is that it is the lest expensive BY FAR of all the medications that I've tried! Another blessing.
In October I see the neurologist again and will probably have a Botox injection (just in time to get rid of the wrinkles for Kim's wedding :)) Though this costs abit, my insurance will pay for part of it and it should last for up to 3 months (so it works out to be the same as some of the other medications). I'm eager to see how this will work - especially since there are no side effects (like weight gain)!
Thank you to all who have been praying for me during this time. I am so thankful for friends who bring me before the throne of Grace. Even though some days were very hard, I praise God for the hesed he has shown me over the last 2 years especially.
In other good news the medications that I've been on since the spring seem to be helping. Though I still get headaches they are less frequent and last a shorter amount of time (though they are more debilitating than before they only last for about 2 hours). Praise the Lord for this time that I've been able to enjoy without the worries of having a migrine. Another great thing about this medication is that it is the lest expensive BY FAR of all the medications that I've tried! Another blessing.
In October I see the neurologist again and will probably have a Botox injection (just in time to get rid of the wrinkles for Kim's wedding :)) Though this costs abit, my insurance will pay for part of it and it should last for up to 3 months (so it works out to be the same as some of the other medications). I'm eager to see how this will work - especially since there are no side effects (like weight gain)!
Thank you to all who have been praying for me during this time. I am so thankful for friends who bring me before the throne of Grace. Even though some days were very hard, I praise God for the hesed he has shown me over the last 2 years especially.
Comments