Music
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is affected by music. In fact, I know it. Music can bring such a flood of emotion and waves of memories.
In April I think of the song:
April's here again and here's the IRS,
They always visit me this time of year
I'm gonna leave my body to the scientist
I won't care because I won't be here
Oh my heart belongs to Jesus
And that's one thing the world can't take away
Oh my heart belongs to Jesus
And he's gonna come collecting anyday"
This one always makes me smile and think of wallpapering the tiny kitchen with Cher (and all the scraps of paper that we used to finish the corner by the kitchen).
On Monday, since I was sewing and like to do that with music in the background, I put in some old tapes and CD's to listen to and a flood of memories came back to the front of my mind! Camping with the girls and listening to "The Great Adventure" and thinking it looked like a movie looking through the rearview mirror. Or "I Will Be Here" and sitting on the church stage in Woodbridge after our christmas dinner and singing and laughing together. ( Okay - so most of my 'older' CD's are Steven Curtis Chapman... he was big then)
This morning at the office I put in an old CD and was reminded again that God knows me so well and what I need to hear to be challanged and encouraged. After 2 very difficult, soul wearying weeks I smiled to hear these words:
In April I think of the song:
April's here again and here's the IRS,
They always visit me this time of year
I'm gonna leave my body to the scientist
I won't care because I won't be here
Oh my heart belongs to Jesus
And that's one thing the world can't take away
Oh my heart belongs to Jesus
And he's gonna come collecting anyday"
This one always makes me smile and think of wallpapering the tiny kitchen with Cher (and all the scraps of paper that we used to finish the corner by the kitchen).
On Monday, since I was sewing and like to do that with music in the background, I put in some old tapes and CD's to listen to and a flood of memories came back to the front of my mind! Camping with the girls and listening to "The Great Adventure" and thinking it looked like a movie looking through the rearview mirror. Or "I Will Be Here" and sitting on the church stage in Woodbridge after our christmas dinner and singing and laughing together. ( Okay - so most of my 'older' CD's are Steven Curtis Chapman... he was big then)
This morning at the office I put in an old CD and was reminded again that God knows me so well and what I need to hear to be challanged and encouraged. After 2 very difficult, soul wearying weeks I smiled to hear these words:
I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me
No glory on my own
Yet in my weakness He is there to let me know...
Through Christ who gives me strength
But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me
No glory on my own
Yet in my weakness He is there to let me know...
His strength is perfect when my strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power the weak become strong
His strength is perfect. His strength is perfect
We can only know
The power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes
His strength in us begins
Where ours comes to an end
He hears our humble cry and proves again
His strength is perfect whem my strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in HIS power the weak become strong
His strength is perfect. His strength is perfect.
What soul refreshing words!
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power the weak become strong
His strength is perfect. His strength is perfect
We can only know
The power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes
His strength in us begins
Where ours comes to an end
He hears our humble cry and proves again
His strength is perfect whem my strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in HIS power the weak become strong
His strength is perfect. His strength is perfect.
What soul refreshing words!
So what music have you been listening to lately that has encouraged you?
Comments