Sisters
I've been thinking about my family a lot lately. Growing up I always wished for 2 things 1. to be an only child 2. that if there had to be other kids that there would be some brothers Now I wouldn't trade one of these girls for the world! I am overwhelmed with thankfulness when I think of all my sisters (even if I don't have up to date photos of them) and the beautiful, gracious, lovely women they have become. So (in no particular order... this is blogger after all)....



Amanda

Mandie is the youngest - the one that we actually DID want to be a girl :) Mandie is a very independent, strong woman who works at a law firm (Big and Smarter... seriously that is the name) in downtown Toronto. She is planning a wedding to Chad (Ryan's brother) in September and though she has spent just about every weekend over the last year at Rachel & Ryan's it will be nice to have her living closer still (where ever they decide to move it will be closer than Toronto).
Kimberly
Kimberly always gave the impression of being the 'good girl' which we have found out isn't always true :) The truth is, Kimberly was the one that if something needed to be done (no matter how unpleasant) she would do it without complaint or question. If you want to see the definition of submission or servanthood- you'll find Kimberly's picture there. Kimberly is married to Derek and they have a darling little girl Meaghan.

Rachel
What can I say about Rachel. Growing up we didn't really spend much time together (there are 2 sisters and 6 years between us). I always thought that we were on two very different points on the spectrum. Five years ago Rachel (and her hubby Ryan) welcomed me into their home for what was supposed to be 1 year and ended up being 4 years. I am so thankful for that time because I got to know my sister - and realized how similar we really are (which is at times VERY scary) and find a new friend. She is a great mom to Tristan, Hannah and Julia. She was the first one to have us know what it was like to have a boy around (do all boys love the farm so much???) She is a lot of fun and creative - making all sorts of cute things for the girls (and their hair).
Karen
It wasn't until about 8 years ago when Karen and I were waiting for our flight to Taiwan that we realized what people had told us for years was true. One day you will be friends. Growing up you never would have thought that day would come - but it did come and I am very thankful for that. Karen is very smart and talented. (I should take some tips from her on taking pictures). After years of struggle, Karen and her husband Mike have 2 beautiful children Eli and Analia (the greatest snuggler on earth!!!). Since they have the biggest house, it is where we all come together for everything as a family and it is especially nice that they live so close!

Cathy: The pictures I have of her are even more out of date! Cathy and Carlyle are married and have 3 boys. I look forward to the day when I can meet them and get to know this sister and her family.
As the years go by, I am more and more thankful for each one of these girls and it is my prayer that the Lord will bless them with wisdom, strength and courage to be helpmates, mothers, sisters and friends for his glory.
Comments