Home Sweet Home

This week we had a 'snow day' and since I was feeling pretty good I decided to make a quilt to hang on my living room wall. I was waiting to finish that before I posted pictures (Cher... here they finally are!!!)
This Christmas gift from Hettie greets you at the front door.

Climb up the stairs and this shelf is there with all sorts of nic nacs - from chickens to wooden shoes to Indonesian Wedding masks that my Opa gave me from when he served in Indonesia.

This is the piano/book shelf/quilting material section. I've been good at trying to use the materials that I have to make quilts. (There are larger pieces in the closet as well as backings and middles). Hard to believe that even with all those blues I still didn't have the right ones for Chad & Amanda's quilt!

The sewing area. A few weeks ago I picked up and built the desk and Jon came one evening and hung the shelf (and the mirror in the front hall). It is so nice to have a dedicated area to sew and have things in drawers that are nearby and so handy! The Pansy picture above the desk is a 3D picture that I did with my oma a few years ago and my opa framed it.

So this is what I did on Wednesday. 108 rectangles, 216 squares for the flying geese and then about 150 squares for the other part. There were all about 1.5" squares so very tiny! I've never done flying geese before so there was a big learning curve. (Yes there is no picture of Meaghan on the shelf... Kim you'd better give me one!)

And this is the living room area. I'm hoping to get a full size couch in the spring (this one is a small - not at all comfy- love seat) so that will be more seating for guests. It is quite cozy and feels like home.

It is a great blessing to have this home. It is very close to family (Rachel is 5 mins, Karen about 10), friends (Jon & Kelley are my back door neighbours), work (5 mins) and church (5 mins). It is a warm spot with lots of sunlight (though I'm still thankful for black out curtains). The kids next door are so sweet and thoughtful - often in the mornings they have cleared the snow off my car before I get outside! Though I dearly miss living with Rachel & Ryan, this is now my home sweet home.

Comments

Lucy van Eyk said…
I'm so glad I was able to see your cosy little place!
Rich and Cher said…
Oh, so cozy Jen! I love your place - wish I could pop in for a cup of tea :) Glad you have such a nice, bright place. I loved the place you shared with Hettie, too - remember doing the garage sales there together? :)
Hey, are there any plans still for coming here, or does it look impossible? You are so very welcome if it works!!

Popular posts from this blog