Sleepover
Ever since I moved out in September, Tristan and Hannah have wanted to come over for a sleep over. I figured last weekend was as good as any so on Monday the kids asked mom & dad if they could sleep over. Apparently they were really excited and talked about it all week.
Friday afternoon I stopped by the house to get the kids. My poor dad had come for a visit but as soon as I walked in the Tristan & Hannah grabbed their back packs and pillows and went racing out to my car. They had to be reminded to say goodbye to Opa and mommy & Julia.
Tristan requested chicken muggies for supper, so we went to good old McDonalds for chicken muggies and fries. Then headed to my house.
Tristan and Hannah were very eager to get inside - so much so that they didn't want their pictures taken
At 6 Tristan and Hannah were pretty much awake. They kept saying "Jen, it is so dark" to which my reasonable answer was "well... it is still night time... go back to sleep". They did try. Hannah started singing and Tristan kept shushing her. Finally they got up and looked out the window, "Jen I see light". So I got up and we got dressed and headed to the kitchen for breakfast.
Friday afternoon I stopped by the house to get the kids. My poor dad had come for a visit but as soon as I walked in the Tristan & Hannah grabbed their back packs and pillows and went racing out to my car. They had to be reminded to say goodbye to Opa and mommy & Julia.
Tristan requested chicken muggies for supper, so we went to good old McDonalds for chicken muggies and fries. Then headed to my house.
Tristan and Hannah were very eager to get inside - so much so that they didn't want their pictures takenWhen we got in the kids set their beds up and then I ran a nice warm bubble bath (with bubbles that unfortunately didn't work well). I'll be kind and not put a picture of that up. After their baths they watch a Tractor Tom video (that we've seen a million times but they love) that mommy packed for them. While watching the movie they were hungry again (didn't we JUST finish supper) so they had baloney (which I bought because I knew they liked it) and oranges.
By 7:30 it was time for bed. I had an air mattress set up in my room that I thought Hannah would sleep on and Tristan would be in my bed with me. But they decided that they would sleep on the air mattress together - the short way - which was fine for Hannah but Tristan's feet hung over so we put a pillow there for them.
After a few trips to the bathroom and making sure that teddy & nank and little sister and bear were all tucked in their proper spots they finally fell asleep. Hannah, who usually talks and sings herself to sleep only took a few minutes to fall into dream land.


Look how nice and peaceful they look.
Now to say that it was a quiet night would be... well... wrong. Every 2 hours or so someone would wake up and yell "Jen!!! I have to pee!!!". At one point, after the 2nd or 3rd trip, Tristan asked me what that noise was. It was the furnace (I'm used to the noise having been in the basement for years but he wasn't) so he asked me to turn it off. Though it would be cold, I figured if turning off the furnace will help his sleep - I'll be cold.
Tristan also wanted to sleep with my watch on. Later when I tried to pry it out of his cold, sleepy hands he had such a tight grip I couldn't get it off him. Rachel said he really would like a watch... I'm sure he'd prefer a more 'boyish' watch then mine.
Maybe I didn't really need an airmattress for Hannah
At 6 Tristan and Hannah were pretty much awake. They kept saying "Jen, it is so dark" to which my reasonable answer was "well... it is still night time... go back to sleep". They did try. Hannah started singing and Tristan kept shushing her. Finally they got up and looked out the window, "Jen I see light". So I got up and we got dressed and headed to the kitchen for breakfast.
Tristan wanted daddy (scrambled) eggs and Hannah a waffle... and both wanted more baloney and of course there was chocolate milk to drink. While I was cleaning they were playing piano and with some of my old toys. Snack was grapes and an orange (see I can not spoil them and give them healthy stuff too).
By 9 Tristan wanted to go home. So home we went and were greeted by this:
Comments