Time for a Change

Since January I've been on a "sabbatical" trying to figure out what things could be contributing to my migraines and now learning how to be able to be involved in different things without letting it get to my head. Some changes have been harder than others but at the same time it has been good for me to see that I don't need to do everything - that letting others serve is a good thing (Impossible to imagine!!!).

Here are some other things that I've been doing in the last few months.

1. Hettie and I are going through the book "What is a Healthy Church Member?" by Thabiti M. Anyabwile. In the first chapter we were challenged to pay closer attention to sermons and take notes so that during the week we can keep the sermons fresh in our minds. I've found this to be really helpful to meditate more on the sermons as we send each other an email every morning on what we are thinking of that day from the sermon.

2. Keeping a prayer journal. I was in a place of discouragement to what I perceived to be "always a no" to my prayers. By keeping a journal I'm able to see that though some answers are no or not now, I am learning to be content whatever the answer.

3. Spending more time with friends. I've been trying to spend more time building friendships. Coffee, dinner, talking or playing games. It has been good to laugh, talk and share and get to know some of the girls much better and oh yeah... laugh. :)

Hopefully there will be more changes to come as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog