McDougall Cottage "Wee Quilt" Challange
This afternoon I dropped off my 16"x 22" wee quilt for the wee quilt challange. While I was in Scotland I stopped by the Kilt maker and told her of the challange going on at one of the old Scottish homesteads in Cambridge, and when I asked for if she had some samples of tartan that I could purchase. She went through her garbage bin and scrap piles on the floor and gave me a bag full of scraps.
I was back and had about 1 1/2 weeks to put something together (but with getting over jet lag it took that left about 4 days). Though not very creative, I thought it might be a nice way to display some of the fabric given. Unfortunately I don't know the names of all the tartans (the lady at McDougall asked me if I did) the kilt maker was talking so fast I couldn't keep up but I guess if I look it up in September (when I get the quilt back) I can maybe stitch the names underneath.
This afternoon I dropped off my 16"x 22" wee quilt for the wee quilt challange. While I was in Scotland I stopped by the Kilt maker and told her of the challange going on at one of the old Scottish homesteads in Cambridge, and when I asked for if she had some samples of tartan that I could purchase. She went through her garbage bin and scrap piles on the floor and gave me a bag full of scraps.
I was back and had about 1 1/2 weeks to put something together (but with getting over jet lag it took that left about 4 days). Though not very creative, I thought it might be a nice way to display some of the fabric given. Unfortunately I don't know the names of all the tartans (the lady at McDougall asked me if I did) the kilt maker was talking so fast I couldn't keep up but I guess if I look it up in September (when I get the quilt back) I can maybe stitch the names underneath.

Comments